What's on your to-do list this Saturday?
Now to the links!
Spiritual / Inner Life
- R-Rated Texts for an R-Rated World by Josh Vincent for TGC. This is primarily advice for pastors but parents could adapt these tips for reading through the Bible as a family. What do you do with the "R-rated" parts?
- Christian Reflections on Mental Illness by Heath Lambert. This is a tricky subject but Christians ignore it at our own peril.
- 9 Things You Should Know About Prayer in the Bible by Joe Carter.
- 8 Reasons It's Easier Not to Attend Church Today by Thom Ranier. So discouraging. Our church building recently suffered extensive damage. There were many kind comments on Facebook along the lines of, "Our thoughts are with you!" Those were encouraging when they came from people far away or pastors of other churches. It's NOT so encouraging when they were from people who could, you know, actually BE with us, not just in thought. Sigh.
- Why We Need to Start Taking the Sabbath Seriously by Tyler Ward. This is not about church attendance, but it is about our crazy busy society.
- The Downsides of Wanderlust by Joshua Gorenflo. Good points. (Kind of reminds me of the saying, "Wherever I go, I'm always there.")
- How to Not Be Obnoxious Even Though You're Passionate by Tsh at the Art of Simple. Great reminders from a fellow INTJ-er.
- How Not to Be Hated By an INTJ by Emily Jacobs from Em Speaks. Another female INTJ who loves writing, Britain, & C.S. Lewis. Coincidence or just awesome?
- 8 Things I Want My Toddler Son to Thank His Mom For (in 20 Years) by Carl Laferton. Great Mother's Day post. (And let me just say, "Chocolate, not flowers" is always good advice.)
- Mothers: The Civilizers of Nations, the Cultivators of Cultures by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy. Happy Mother's Day!
- 5 Signs Your Child Is Not Saved from Responsible Father. Sobering.
- At Home and Loving It from The Christian Pundit. The whole thing is great but I particularly loved this section:
Get good at it. Running a household (especially when there are children involved) requires a skill set. Acquire it! Don’t expect it to be easy; decide to conquer it. Passion for a career is a result of mastery. The house is a mess, the kids are still in their pajamas, there’s no supper plan, and it’s 4:00: well if that’s the norm, of course you’re going to hate it.Homeschooling / Education
- Homeschool Superpowers by Kris Bales for Simple Homeschool. I think all homeschool moms wish the job came with superpowers. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't.)
- What if B&N Closes? by Rachelle Gardner. I like the optimism that smaller bookstores may have a resurgence.
This post may be linked here:

3 comments:
Love you links! Looking forward to reading. And your site background is new, right? I like it.
Sorry I didn't manage to do a SLL this week.
Thanks! Don't think anything changed on the blog but who knows. I am nearly tech illiterate. ;)
Hope the strep is completely gone & you're getting some rest.
Thanks for linking to my post!
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.