Spiritual / Inner Life
- Life Isn't a Zero Sum Game by David Azerrad for The Federalist.
- Perfectionism, Chancing Failure, and the Coming of the Kingdom of God by Katie Orr for Flourish.
- Local Connections by Lisa Bogart. I need posts like this because I've wailed to my husband - more than once: "But why is friendship so hard?"
- 10 Ways to Make Your Birthday Meaningful by Sheila Wray Gregoire. My birthday just passed, but I really liked this post and I'd love to apply it next year.
- Fun quiz: What is Your Gift? (Just in case you're wondering, mine was Intellect.)
- Your Failures Do Not Define You! You are Beloved by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy.
- Race, Diversity, and God's Glory: A Conversation with Trillia Newbell at Blogging Theologically.
- Top 10 Mistakes Christian Parents of Teens Make by Jeff Strong.
- Kids Need 17 Hugs a Day by Holly Homer.
- 8 Ideas to Teach Our Kids to Say "Yes" to Discernment and and "No" to Judging Others by Janel Breitenstein.
- 4 Must Have Resources for Planning the Homeschool High School Years by Kris Bales.
- Utopian Plans vs. Everyday Reality by Brandy Ferrell at Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood. Posts like this are encouraging because I've often looked at this particular blogger and wondered, "How does she do it ALL?"
- Simple Ways to Create a Content-Rich Environment This Summer by Anne Bogel for Simple Homeschool.
- Best of the Best of the Best Sir! With Honors! by Joshua Gibbs at CiRCE Institute. The minefield of awards season.
- 3 Times You Should STOP Writing by Emily Wenstrom.
- Seeing Ripples at Novel Rocket by Cynthia Ruchti
- The Do's and Don'ts of Writing a Book Review at 5 Minutes for Books by Laura Brown (author ofHow to Write Anything: A Complete Guide
)
- 7 Tips to Help You Read More (and Love It) by Anne Bogel for The Art of Simple. (See also my related post: How to Read More in 2014.)
- Becoming a More Mature Reader by Carrie at Reading to Know.
- Raising "Wild" Readers by Megan at Redeemed Reader. How to teach the pleasure of reading to non-readers.
- As Publishers Fight Amazon, Books Vanish from The New York Times. I've seen conflicting reports over this but you can file it under, "Things That Make You Wonder."
- 9 Trigger Warnings for Hamlet by Doni Wilson.
- Don't Be Evil: How Google Celebrates Rachel Carson's Dubious Legacy by Bethany Mandel. Someone wrote (much better than I could) exactly what I was thinking when I fired up my computer and saw Google's "doodle" of the day.
- Hijacking A Mass Murder To Boost Self-Esteem by Heather Wilhelm.
- The Ten Most Asinine Things About #YesAllWomen by Mollie Hemingway.
This post may be linked here:

No comments:
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.