- What If Your Twenties Weren't What You Expected? by Jackie Knapp.
- Blessed are the Introverts by Gina Dalfonzo for Breakpoint. This post added several books to my reading list.
- The Loneliness of Not Knowing Ourselves by D.C. McAllister.
- An Introvert's Defense of Mobile Devices and Social Media by Emily Jacobs at Em Speaks. This post and the post above are almost a point / counterpoint kind of thing.
- Is Your Busy Season Becoming a Lifetime? by Melissa Martin at TGC. Not sure I agree with everything in this one, but the warning is apt.
- 5 Really Bad Reasons to Leave Your Church by Aaron Loy at Relevant. Sadly, the comments are certainly illustrative of a "church is all about me" mentality. (One commenter: "Any reason is a good reason to leave a church.")
- How the Abortion Culture Affects Motherhood by Melissa at Your Mom Has a Blog.
- The Irony of the Overprotected Child by Jeffrey S. Dill at Family Studies.
- Kids Don't Need Pinterest Perfect by Heidi St. John for The Better Mom.
- Navigating the Rough Waters of Girlhood Friendship by Rhonda Owens at The Better Mom. This is good advice for helping our daughters but it's also applicable for adult women.
- Cultivating a Home with Beauty, Depth, and Vast Love by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy. I so appreciate Sally Clarkson's ministry encouraging younger mothers. Her blog is fast becoming a favorite of mine.
- If Your Kid Loves Going to School, You Really Need to Homeschool by Penelope Trunk. Hard to hear, maybe, but I think she's on to something.
- A One-Room Schoolhouse Philosophy by Cara Thompson at Simple Homeschool.
In the News
- What Would a Real War on Poverty Look Like? by Robert Tracinski at The Federalist.
- The Media's Abortion Problem by Brandon McGinley at The Federalist.
- Trigger Unhappy by Jonah Goldberg. This way lieth madness. (Just when you thought political correctness was losing its power.)
Writing
- Don't Chase the Wind. An interview with Karen Barnett at Novel Rocket. This is a fantastic interview that I encourage all my writer friends (or wannabe writers) to read.
- 8 Things That Will Derail Your Writing Goals the Fastest by Edie Melson at Novel Rocket.
- Be A Little Nosey is the Key by Rachel Hauck at Novel Rocket.
What caught your eye this week?
This post may be linked here:

2 comments:
I am so glad you do the Internet-combing for me! That abortion culture article is a lot for me to think on.
Yeah, me too. I hadn't thought about it that way before. Definitely still chewing on that one.
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.