Whatever. Lots of links and not a lot of time, so let's get to it.
Spirituality / Inner Life
- How to Counter Fear: Courage-Infusing Truths from Psalm 56 by Kimberly Wagner.
- A Few Thoughts About Being Ordinary Christians by Tim Brister.
- A Fleshy Assessment: Ten Questions to Ask Yourself by Erin Davis. Helpful diagnostic.
- Celebrating the Ordinary by Kyle Worley.
- I Wonder if Sunday School is Destroying Our Kids from Beliefs of the Heart. The answer is not to give up Sunday School. The answer is to teach the whole counsel of God and how every part of the Bible is about Jesus. Making it about us turns it into simplistic moralizing, which is NOT the gospel.
- Sanity in the Storm by Sue Birdseye. Friends, I am here. Really needed this post this week.
- The End of Me by Kendra Dahl. Yep. Needed this one too.
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made: Part 3: Meant to Live by Russ Ramsey. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series.
- . Jesus and Millennial Wants by Mike Leake. A response to a much read article by a popular blogger.
- Speaking Prophetically to the Church or Publicly Criticizing the Church? by Jake Meador. Another response.
- Where Have All the Young Adults Gone? by Jason Allen. Yet another.
- We're All Junior Highers Now: The Millennials and the Church by Justin Taylor. A response round-up.
- A Feast Renewed by Sarah Clarkson. A lyrical, loving look at one of the miracles preformed by Jesus.
- Is Your Child a Christian? by Brian Croft. Five evidences to help answer the question.
- How to Love Dramatic Girls by Jackie Knapp. Having just finished a week of camp, I found this advice quite practical. Hoping to remember these things as I raise my own girls and work with the young women at church.
- 35 Things I Want My Daughter To Know About Girlfriends by Allison Hendrix.
- Tips for Planning a Girls' Weekend by Sandra Peoples. Would love to do this sometime.
- Falling Short in a Pinterest Party Planning World (And How to Get Over It) by Brooke McGlothlin
- The Must Pack Baby Proofing Tool When Traveling With a Toddler. I had never thought of this but it's brilliant.
- No Such Thing as "Just a Mom" by Lisa-Jo Baker.
- 7 Simple Fixes for the Writing Mistakes that Brand You an Amateur from Making a Living Writing.
- 7 Deadly Sins of Worldbuilding by Charlie Jane Anderson.
- The Greatest Food in Human History by Kyle Smith.
- Rep Jaime Herrera Beutler celebrates Miracle Baby Girl. Pray for Abigail Rose!
- Being Poor Sometimes Keeps You Out of a Job from the Headmistress at The Common Room blog. Some practical suggestions for helping families too.
- Our Home: The Big Idea of Small by Carmella Rayone.
- Top Private Schools Adopt a Homeschool Model by Brenda Rufener.
- Placebo Buttons Do Absolutely Nothing and They Are Everywhere from io9.
- The Lost Art of the Movie Title. I love old movies and the titles are one reason why.
Loved this plaid dress. I'll be watching the thrift stores for one now.
Putting curtains around a bunk bed is a fantastic idea:
This post will be linked here:
1 comment:
That "Fleshy Assessment" was convicting. I had it on my list this week as well. Thanks for sharing these with us.
Stopping by from Jessie's. :)
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.