Spiritual / Inner Life
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones: Spiritual Depression. Enjoyed this book review by Melissa at Out of the Ordinary and it reminded me I need to get this book from the library again.
- The Notorious "Mom Fail" vs. Christ's Accomplishment by Kimm Crandall.
- Are You Stressed? by Susan Yates.
- 21 Spiritual Things to Pray for Other Christians by Kathy Howard at Do Not Depart. Helpful list.
- When Anxiety Attacks...Let Love and Peace Rule by Sherry Allchin. I really needed this one.
- The Myth of Passion from Forward Progress.
- This Post is For the Brave Ones by Kat at Simple Mom.
- When You're Tired of Waiting by Lisa-Jo Baker. This is where I live.
- The Nostalgic Confession by Dan DeWitt. I could identify with this one.
- Questions and Answers: Girl Friendships by Sarah at Clover Lane.
- Less Exasperated; or Two Rules That Might Help by Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter. Auntie Leila is very wise. (Love this blog!)
- 3 Ways to Prepare Your Teens for a Healthy Marriage by Elisa at The Better Mom.
- Feeling Overwhelmed? How To Turn It Around by Lisa Grace Byrne at Simple Homeschool.
- Pressure-Cooker Kindergarten by Patti Hartigan. Sobering.
- The 5 Worst Books for Your Children and Why They Should Be Avoided by Bonnie Ramthun at PJ Media.
- No, You're Probably Not Smarter Than a 1912 Era 8th Grader from Smithsonian.com. I think about things like this sometimes when a grandparent (or great-grandparent) apologetically says something like, "I only finished the 8th grade." Looks like some 8th graders from days gone by were better educated than the college students of today.
- What I Need for the New School Year by Tracey at Girls to Grow. This is also what I need most.
- Tips for Giving Non-Verbal Instruction from Lifeway Kids. Helpful reminders for those of us that work with kids in a church setting.
- The Cons of Homeschooling Sons: Hubris from Cindy at Ordo Amoris. This scares me a little because I think she is right and I have anecdotal evidence of my own.
- Homeschooling: The Numbers are In Our Favor. Fantastic infographic from FIMBY.
- How to Create a Multigenerational Home (Our Story) from Four Generations, One Roof. Not sure I would actually want to do this but I find it fascinating.
- Bye, Bye, Bats: Finishing an Old Farmhouse Attic from Hooked on Houses. I am positive I want to do this.
- Top 5 Most Common Design Mistakes from Because I Like to Decorate.
- Length of Pregnancy Can Vary by Up to Five Weeks, Scientists Discover. Wow. How thankful am I that my healthy pregnancies were always right on the dot of 39-40 weeks? VERY THANKFUL.
- How Old are Your Ears? Fun quiz. Fact: my ears are younger than my husband's, which only makes sense as I am 4 1/2 years younger than he is.
- Wedding Boasts 80 Bridesmaids. Um, OK. But at some point, if everyone you know is your bridesmaid, it ceases to be special, right? "I was so and so's bridesmaid." "Get in line, so was the rest of our graduating class."
Yum:
Amazing Voice:
Could Be Helpful:
That's all for this week. What caught your eye?
This post is linked here:
1 comment:
Thanks for including me in your links! Hope to read many of the others as well.
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.