Spiritual / Inner Life
- Our American Story: Divorce, Denial and the Death of God by Elise Hilton. Thought provoker Pastor Dad sent to me.
- 3 Concrete Ways to Feel More Connected and Supported in Your Life by Lisa at Simple Mom. Good advice.
- Wonder and Worry by Beth at The Better Mom.
- Why I Don't Drink by Angela Sanders. This is also where I stand on this tricky issue.
- What our Introverted Family Needs You to Know by Joan Concilio Otto.
- Three Things You Don't Know About Your Children and S** by Anne Marie Miller. (asterisks added by me to try to avoid spammers) Sobering stuff. I don't want to think about it either, but ignorance and avoidance are not options here.
- World Breastfeeding Week Salute from Our Family Faith Walk. Shared by my friend Amy. It's funny because it's true. (The cartoons alone are worth your time.)
- The Cost of Children by Brant at Air1. Right on.
- Moving Beyond the Stalemate in Marriage by Trillia Newbell.
- 3 Things I Wish I Knew Before We Got Married by Tyler Ward.
- A Promise for my Daughter by Lisa-Jo Baker. I'm not an emotional person but this one choked me up a little (OK, a lot).
- Finding Joy as a Homemaker by April at Redemptive Homemaking. I love that the author of "I Need Thee Every Hour" was a wife, mother, and homemaker. How apt.
- Study Shows Millennials are More Forgetful Than Seniors. I have my own theories on this: one, millennials haven't had to memorize much in their lives and two, millennials are so dependent on their devices it prevents them from having to remember too much. (Forget where you parked your car? There's an app for that.)
- So Much for Stickball by Dorian Speed. Philip and I are resisting organized team sports for our kids, for various reasons, but this post does spell out the reasons why parents today have few other options.
- On Inconveniences in Homeschooling: Meltdowns and Other Messes. Brilliant post by Brandy at Afterthoughts.
- A Series of Posters Created for the Love of Math, Nature and Art. How cool are these?! These would be neat on the walls of a playroom or schoolroom.
- 10 Quotes on the Arts from Diary of an Arts Pastor.
- Grammatically Incorrect by Teresa Mull. This one was sent to me by my mother-in-law. The main point (which I have long felt but been unable to articulate): The decline of culture begins with language.
- Little People, Big Fun: A Brief History of Fisher-Price Little People. One of the best toys ever.
- The Name of War from the New York Times. Interesting because, in this case, history was not entirely written by the victors.
- Courageous and Compassionate Christian Woman Prevents School Shooting. Amazing story.
- 13 Signs You're a Couponer from Buzzfeed. Hilarious (but language warning for that site). Make sure you're looking at this one on your actual computer because the gifs may not show up on mobile devices and the gifs are the funniest part.
- 17 Problems Only Book Lovers Will Understand also from Buzzfeed. I can't tell you how many people shared this one with me. Because, yeah.
Love book pages as art:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked here:

4 comments:
Thank you so much for linking to my post, Karen! I really appreciate it.
My husband the math teacher is in love with these dorky posters for his classroom. But they are SO expensive. http://www.etsy.com/listing/95091937/20-science-art-prints-6x9-rock-star?ref=listing_91048740
The sunflower Fibornacci (sp?) one is so cool!
Also on the book lovers Buzzfeed, #6/7 is why I have never seen Simon Birch. I am POSITIVE it would ruin A Prayer for Owen Meany for me, especially his voice.
Yeah, about that couponing link. I BOUGHT 4 STICKS OF DEODORANT TODAY FOR A TOTAL OF $0.50!!!!!! (Cue the Happy Dance!)
Keeping my family smelling good for less. :)
Mom
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.