Spiritual / Inner Life
- Did Moses Change God's Mind? by Mike Leake. Philip and I were just talking about this with some friends of ours last Sunday night. Fascinating discussion.
- Bosses Don't Give Gold Stars and Other Career Advice from Carolyn McCulley.
- Beliefs Are Not Set in Stone, Except for When They're On Tablets by Derek Rishmawy at Mere Orthodoxy. Thoughtful, Biblical, and gracious answer to a misguided post by a well known author.
- 10 Things Every Christian Should Know About Islam by Zane Pratt. Found this very helpful.
- Dodging Porn With Good Old Fashioned Dodgeball by Dannah Gresh.
- The Benefit of a Large Family: Pack Life by Erik Raymond. (Note: My one point of disagreement with this post is his point about sharing. My husband and I have allowed our children to have some things that are just theirs and do not have to be shared and some things that are for everyone to play with. Otherwise it's not really sharing. Sharing implies making a choice. "Forced sharing" is communism.)
- 10 Things You Should Know About Homeschool Moms by Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
- The Case for Preserving the Pleasure of Deep Reading by Annie Murphy Paul.
- Our Fear of Boredom is Simply A Fear of Coming Face to Face With Ourselves by Giles Fraser. Learning and creativity often go hand in hand with boredom, a state many people today seem to avoid at all costs.
- My teacher husband thinks we might need these Delightful Puzzles to keep our minds sharp this Summer. Having looked through them, I'm not convinced my mind was ever that sharp.
- If Brands Were Honest. Loved the "procrastination" and "appearance costs" the best.
- What British People Say Vs. What They Really Mean (plus: bonus Colin Firth picture!)
- Can't Buy Happiness: 5 Simple Ways to Turn any House into a Home You Love. Timely advice for me, as this rental experience stretches on.
- My mother-in-law found this one: 1940's Chevy Dealer Re-Opens to Auction Off 500 Time Capsule Cars.
How cool is this wallpaper?! (Just wish it was London instead of Paris...)
OK, here's another one. I would LOVE to use this in our new home, even if it was just a wall. (And I'm guessing that would be a stretch, considering what it probably costs. But a girl can dream!)
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked to:


4 comments:
Great list. I am off to explore!
Stopping by from Jessie's. :)
The "true" logos are hilarious. Cat videos. Snort.
Loved the honest brands link! So true, all of them!
Oh, my- Dan would love those old cars. I should probably keep that link to myself ;)
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.