Spiritual / Inner Life
- The Problem with Being Friendly by Ellen Turner. Any post that quotes Bonhoeffer is guaranteed to catch my eye.
- Kristen Powers: How a Liberal Democrat and Former Atheist Came to Know Jesus as Her Savior. Love this.
- Race Relations: 4 Things You Can Do to Help by Kevin DeYoung. One of the most helpful posts I read post-Zimmerman trial.
- Why Criticism Belongs in the Christian Blogosphere by Rachel Marie Stone.
- How Jonathan Edwards Wrecked My Soul by Mike Leake.
- God Wants You To Bother Him by Andree Seu Peterson.
- Recalculating: How Study Bibles Can Limit Bible Study by Jen Wilkin.
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, Part 2: TheLetters by Russ Ramsey.
- A Soap Opera Life by Staci Eastin.
- How the Doxology Shapes Us by Zac Hicks. I grew up (and remain) independent Baptist. And Baptists tend to be distrustful of liturgy. Only as an adult have I grown to appreciate the significance of the Doxology. I'm pretty sure I could sing it (and play it, since I am a church pianist) every service and not get tired of it.
- Can You Worship Even When the Music Stinks? by Aaron Armstrong.
Reminds me of a joke: Disgruntled Church Attender is leaving after the the service and tells the pastor, "I didn't get anything out of the worship today." Pastor answers: "We weren't worshipping you." Let that four word sermon sink in a bit before attending service Sunday morning.
- "My Child is Gifted. He's Also 29, Unemployed and Living in My Basement." Great response from Matt Walsh.
- The Most Frightening Prayer I Could Pray for My Children by Christina Fox.
- The Problem With Sexual Compatibility by Hafeez Baoku. Wise words from a single man.
- Don't Be Tricked By These 5 Common Mental Rules of Thumb from The Happiness Project.
- Dear Curriculum: You Don't Own Me from Heavenly Homemakers.
- 6 Homeschooling Misconceptions Erased from Simple Homeschool.
- If You're Not Sure You Measure Up from Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood.
- The Heroic Absurdity of Dan Brown by Clive James.
- Guide to Understanding the Introverted by Dr. Carmella at I Waste So Much Time. I'd like to hand this out to everyone I meet.
- Waterfall Swing. So. Cool.
- No Air Conditioner? How To Keep Cool No Matter How Hot it Gets. Let's face it: some of us need these tips even if we do have airconditioners.
Getting used to the New Pinterest look yet? Me neither.
So cute:
Love this colorful room:
What caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked here:
No comments:
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.