Spiritual / Inner Life
- Booked: Reading My Way Back to Faith by Jessica Griffith.
- Why Passive-Aggressive Christian Leadership Must Go Away by Marty Duren. (But really, passive-aggressiveness needs to go away in general, not just among Christian leaders.)
- Lessons from "The Devastation" by Erin Davis.
- Have You Missed Your Life's Calling? Probably Not. by Katie Fox at Simple Mom.
- Christianity, The World's Most Falsifiable Religion by C. Michael Patton.
- 8 Ways Satan Keeps You From Worship by Tim Challies.
- The Years are Short. Do You Know Jesus? by Jessica at Molding Minds Homeschool.
- Frugal Gratitude For Those Who Buy Retail from Frugal Hacks.
- Do Not Lose This Term "Christian" by Kevin DeYoung.
- I Am the Silver Man by Eowyn Stoddard. (Great post and, irrelevant side note: great name. I really wanted to name one of my daughters Eowyn but, well, it didn't happen.)
- What Do We Do With All This Knowledge? by Melissa Affolter.
- The End of the Matter by Cindy at Ordo Amoris. Heartfelt post.
- What Happens When You Deprive Children of Scary Stories. Justin Taylor put together this inspiring set of quotations.
- How Should You Explain the Same-Sex Marriage Debate To Your Children? by Russell Moore. Because, as much as you might try to shelter your children, if they've heard the radio or watched TV for five minutes in the past few weeks, I'm guessing they've got questions.
- What To Do When He's a Handful by Nathan Clarkson.
- How Do You Know If You Were Supposed to Marry Your Spouse? by Mike Leake. Truth.
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Child's Memory from MomLife Today.
- Library Project: Should Mother or Child Choose? by Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter.
- Lifetime of Reading Slows Cognitive Decline by Tom Jacobs. (Philip and I laughed about this one, not because it's not true but because if that is all it takes to truly slow down aging, well, I'm gonna live a long time.)
- Mt. Hope Academy New Resources and Curricula 2013-14. I love Heidi's lists. This one is truly inspirational. I just wish we were on the same year in our History cycle instead of one off. (My kids and I just finished up our Middle Ages studies.)
- Rustberg Seasoned Couples Photographer - Ruby and Harold, 60 Years of Marriage. I've seen a lot of photo shoots on Facebook and Pinterest. This may be my all time favorite. Inspiring!
- How Junk Food Can End Obesity by David Freedman. Long post but interesting.
- Northern Colorado Wants to Secede from Colorado. I've heard rumors like this about California for years but this is the first time I've heard about North Colorado's discontent.
- On the Go: Travel Beds for Babies and Toddlers. Could be a useful post. Our Little Man's solution is simpler though: just sleep with Mom. Or in your car-seat. But Mom is preferable.
- Md. Man Swims 5 Hours To Save His Family. This, my friends, is true manhood.
- That Time the Paris Mosque Helped Jews Escape The Nazis. History never ceases to amaze.
- Tiny Dragon Discovered in Indonesia. Aw, tiny dragons.
- Pride and Prejudice 1995 Mini-Series - A Review. Laurel Ann revisits the modern classic.
- Lake Statue of Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy. Um, wow. Every links post deserves a little Colin Firth but this is a lot of Colin Firth. (This one's for you, Julie.)
Anyone else having trouble getting used to the "new" Pinterest? (OK, I'll admit what you already know: I have issues with change.)
Yum:
Helpful:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked here:

Come and join us with your links posts or just see what other folks have found this week.
3 comments:
You did a lot of reading this week! I apparently did not, I had to scrounge for links. :) Busy chasing mice around the kitchen, apparently ... anyway, love that first links and I look forward to sitting down and reading more.
1) That couple is so cute! 60 yrs of marriage pictures beat wedding pictures hands down. Not that weddings are bad, but it's not much of a feat to get married, it's the staying married that's the accomplishment.
2) I think I'm going to need to revisit "When he's a handful" post again every few years. Have I mentioned that Jojo's new favorite activity is removing the vents and trying to climb down into them - at 9 months!
P&P related, have you see the lizzie bennet diaries on youtube (or here: http://www.lizziebennet.com/)? It's a modern video diary version I just found them last week and I'm only 10 or so in so I can't comment about the whole thing but so for I am thoroughly enjoying them.
Can't wait to get out the laptop to read these!
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.