Spiritual / Inner Life
- Sports vs. Church from Family Discipleship Path. I'm guessing this one stepped on a few toes. The only chance Christians have to stop this games & practices on Sunday trend is for parents to simply start saying no. There is strength in numbers.
- Serving in Small Places on Sunday by Elisha Galotti at True Woman. "Ordinary work is kingdom work." Loved this post.
- The Christian Bystander Effect by Melissa Edgington at Your Mom Has a Blog. Horrifying.
- A Habit that Could Be Cluttering Your Life by Allison Vesterfelt at The Art of Simple.
Marriage / Parenting
- Six Things to Tell Our Daughters About Culture and Beauty by Gina Smith for MomLife Today.
- How to Kill Your Child's Creativity by Nuria Paredes at Playful Learning.
- Paltrow, Jolie, & Thompson: A Few Lessons from the Elite Mommy Wars by Leslie Loftis.
- 8 Ideas to Teach Our Kids to Say "Yes" to Discernment and "No" to Judging Others Part II by Janel Breitenstein.
Homeschooling / Education
- What's Lost as Handwriting Fades by Maria Konnikova in the New York Times.
- How We Got Our Kids in College by Age 12 from Yahoo. I'm not sure this little story actually tells "how", but it did catch my eye. Hooray for homeschooling! (Even though I haven't gotten my 12 year old into college, nor do I think that would be the best thing for her.)
- Why You Should Read Old Books by Richard Rohlin for Humane Pursuits.
- Why College Board is Revising U.S. History by Joy Pullman. This is ridiculous (and scary).
- How to Write Through Duress by Birgitte Rasine.
- I Have a Kid Hangover (But Manage to Write Anyway) by Ellen Painter Dollar.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.