Spiritual / Inner Life
- 7 Rules for Dealing with Difficult People from A New Mode. (Yep, we all know at least a few.)
- It's OK to Talk Like a Christian by Megan Hill.
- 11 Reasons Why The Health, Wealth, & Prosperity Gospel is NOT the Gospel by Sammy Adebiyi
- Lisa at The Pennington Point shared a poignant post: A Difficult Weekend. Yes, I too have been that person at the table by herself or left out of a plan. It isn't fun. Cliques as teenagers is bad enough; in adults I consider them beyond the pale.
- Making Home a Haven: Praying Mom by Brandy at Marathon Mom. (How many of you have caught on to the fact that my prayer life is the spiritual discipline I'm really focusing on this year?)
- Your Heart Matters More Than Your History. Kevin DeYoung tackles some prevalent logical fallacies.
- How to Rock Twitter Like a Pharisee by Mike Leake. Truth is painful sometimes.
- Four Good Reasons to Read Good Books by Tim Challies.
- God Will Give You More Than You Can Handle by Sandra Peoples. She's tackling one of the harmful cliches so common in the Christian life.
- SLOW: Preparing Your Heart for Easter by Teri Lynne Underwood.
- Hope for Depression by Riki at Crazy for a Deal. This is a friend of a friend of mine in real life. (Actually I still use Riki's chocolate chip cookie recipe from long ago - the only one I'll ever need!)
- How to Read the Bible: A Beginner's Guide from Credo The Magazine.
- Seven Ways to Embrace Motherhood from Finding Joy.
- "Good Job!" Why I Refuse to Feel Guilty for Praising My Kids from The Happiest Mom.
- Remember how I said someone needed to write a post for in-laws? Well, someone did, over at Mom Life Today: When I Became a Mother-in-Law. (And yes, considering I am now expecting our first son and hope to one day, Lord willing, be a mother-in-law myself, I am taking notes.)
- Practical tips for Staying in Touch When Family Lives Far Away.
- The Importance of Trusting Your Tween from The Better Mom.
- Meltdown Management from The Better Mom. We have at least one child who struggles with this. Helping her to name her emotions is not as easy as you might think.
- How to Safeguard Your Family on the Internet again, from The Better Mom. (They were on a roll last week!) I don't necessarily agree with all her points but the main point is: you have to do something and you can't just assume your family won't be affected.
- Related post: How to Protect Preteens from Preteen Ministry.
- Great Expectations: Giving Him a Chance to Meet Mine from The Time-Warp Wife. As my husband had pointed out to me on occasion: he's not a mind reader.
- Pressing On from Femina blog.
- 62 Things to Say to Make Your Husband Feel Great. Because we could all use a refresher, right?
- For the Days You Think Everyone Else Has it Altogether by Lisa-Jo Baker.
- 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Make Your Day More Successful by Crystal at Money Saving Mom.
- I Heart Organizing: Thrifted Storage.
- Apartment Therapy: Reimagining the Nonworking Fireplace. Very common dilemma in older homes.
- Another one from Apartment Therapy: Tips for Minimizing Noise from Kids. Apartment situations with children can be tricky but it can be done.
- The Frugal Girl talked about The Downsides of Homeschooling. I thought her observations were accurate. (And, as far as "downsides" go, not so bad, really.)
- Responding to the Homeschool Critics from Simple Homeschool. Knowing when and how to respond is tricky but important.
- Lots of great resources listed here: Mt. Hope Academy Curricula - Faith.
- David Murray wrote about The Most Essential Life Skill: Teachability.
- How to Teach Piano Lessons at Home (and some free lesson plans) from Mary Organizes. I teach my oldest daughter myself and I can tell you that disciplining myself to do regular lessons is the hardest part. (Maybe I should pay myself more...)
- Title IX for Our Boys by Glenn Harlan Reynolds. Heads up: the public education system is not designed for the typical boy.
- 5 Hair Accessories to Avoid. This one made me laugh. No more "bump-its", ladies, please.
- You're Really Very Pretty from Hollywood Housewife. The power of a sincere compliment.
- The Myth that is Perfect Fit from A Fashionable Stitch.
- How To Style Saddle Shoes from Wardrobe Oxygen. In related news: I
needwant some saddle shoes. - Living Without A Smartphone from The Frugal Girl. I'm always happy to read about fellow smart phone resisters.
- The Holocaust Just Got More Shocking. (Actually, to anyone who has done any research of the period, this isn't "shocking" at all, but I'm glad it's being documented.)
- What Are A Surrogate's Rights? Woman's Controversial Pregnancy in Spotlight. I am thankful for the wonderful medical care and interventions available today, I admit. But folks, we are in A Brave New World Here. These are big, scary questions.
- You may have heard about The Bible on the History Channel. In which case you probably want to read this review on the Stand to Reason blog.
- Opinion: The Manufactured Crisis of Sequester by George Will.
- Sara at Go Gingham shared some Website and Blog Tips.
- Remarkablogger: 4 Blogging Myths That Need to Just Die Already.
- 6 Board Games That Ruined It For Everyone. My husband sent me this one. (Language & content warning on that site.)
- The Rabbit Room shared Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling.
- I love this art teacher's weekly outfit posts but this week was epic: She dressed as Mary Poppins and even made a parrot handle umbrella. That's dedication right there.
- Rachelle Gardner tackles the future of books and publishing: What Does the Future Hold?
Yummy:
More yumminess:
Great idea:
I know we're all tired of these posters but this one made me laugh (and it's true):
This post is linked to Saturday Linky Love hosted by Vanderbilt Wife. Go on over and wish her luck - her new baby could come any time now.
(And while Jessie will need to take a break from hosting this link-up for awhile, you can come right back here next week - I'll still have links for you.)





No comments:
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.