On to the links!
Spiritual / Inner Life
- Truth Versus Spin: A Cup of Coffee is Not A Lifestyle by Rich Hailey. Yes, my Facebook erupted last week with "boycott Starbucks" icons and links. And no, I won't be boycotting Starbucks. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't notice anyway, considering I go there approximately three times a year, usually on road trips. More worrisome than that is when people on either side of an issue twist words & meanings to suit themselves. That's wrong, folks.
- What's Wrong About Easter? by Barbara Rainey.
- Still Eating Sausages: Reservations Regarding Evangelicals and Lent by Keith Miller at Mere Orthodoxy. Great points here.
- Easter's Big "If" by Daniel Darling.
- Journaling for the Soul from Her Library Adventures.
- Want to Be More Productive? Get More Sleep by Deb Lee.
- Let's Bring the Holidays Down a Notch by Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan. Yes, yes, and definitely yes. Here's where I should tell you that we've already told the girls we will not be dyeing eggs this weekend. We are dialing down our holiday based on some simple factors: time and Mom & Dad's sanity. Dyed eggs had to go. (We are, however, still making several batches of Jell-o eggs. Some traditions must be preserved.)
- The Case for Getting Married Young by Karen Swallow Prior. Amen. Love the description of marriage as a cornerstone instead of a capstone. Please read this one!
- 6 Strategies for Handling Your Parenting Critics: Handling Criticism Graciously, But Firmly by Kara at Simple Kids. Great advice.
- Is This Really What We Want? by Staci Eastin. A Victoria's Secret line for Tweens? Parents, it's time to say, no. Actually, it's past time to say no. But go ahead and start now.
- Definitely taking note of this advice: Serving a Cup of Hope {Especially for Moms of Teens} from The Better Mom.
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen at We are That Family. Excellent post!
- This is a long but worthwhile read: The Classics and the Traditional Liberal Arts Curriculum by Christian Kopff. The point about uneducated clergy is particularly noteworthy. I'm not saying all pastors must have a commanding knowledge of Hebrew and Greek but some acquaintance with the original languages of the Bible ought to be required.
- How and Why to Become a Lifelong Learner from The Art of Manliness.
- David Shaw Building Stanford By Asking Football Players About Vocabulary.
- I thought this was a fun concept: Ugly Vintage Pattern Party. Some talented seamstresses took some decidedly dated patterns and made some fabulous clothes. My barely existent sewing skills are in awe of these folks.
- How to Burn a Lot of Calories Without Exercising. Turns out my exercise plan of sleeping a lot, watching almost no TV or movies, and chasing around a toddler is probably not such a bad idea.
- Breaking, Entering, and Learning by Natalie at Hello Little House. I can tell you: going through something like this is an awful experience. I hope none of you ever need this advice, but it seems like it's sadly more common than we think.
- Renter's Solutions: My Life Without a Dishwasher from Apartment Therapy.
- Really appreciated the balance in this one: Is Wheat Making Us All Fat and Unhealthy? from Heavenly Homemakers. Balance, people. Balance is beautiful.
- Apartment Therapy: Creating Nurseries Out of Closets. Love that first one with the bright butterflies. I so hope I get to create some kind of space for our baby, even a closet would be better than nothing.
Loved this colorful room:
Yummy:
Made me laugh:
That's all for this week.
Wishing you a very joyous day tomorrow. He is Risen! May we all spend some time just reflecting on how amazing and life changing that truth is.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.