Parenting / Marriage:
- Could definitely relate to this one: The Early Years by Gina Smith at MomLife Today.
- Saving this one for a few months from now: How to Dress For the Downright Rotten, Good For Nothing, Fourth Trimester by Krista at Lazy Saturdays.
- Related: Making Peace with my Pregnant Body by Sharon Hodde Miller. (Yes, an older post but relevant to me today, so.)
- 10 Fun Ways to Survive Cabin Fever with Little Ones by Courtney at The Better Mom.
- Loved this one: I Live In My Pajamas, Confessions of an Imperfect Mother by Paula at Beauty Through Imperfection.
- Putting Aside Perfection: Letting Your Younger Kids Help by Sarah Dobbins. Not only are you "letting" them, they actually need to help, so start today.
- Related: 22 Chores Toddlers Love by 20 Minute Mom.
- Needed this one: 5 Ways to Minister to Your Tween's Heart by Carlie Kercheval. Oh, friends, we are well and truly into our oldest's "tween" years. And it is a whole 'nother ballgame.
- 5 Tips on Facing and Overcoming Anxiety as a Mom by Jessica Smartt.
- So You're Feeling Too Fat to be Photographed by My Friend Teresa Photography. This one made the rounds this week, but in case you missed it, read it now!
- 5 Ways to Be a Low Maintenance Friend from Women Abiding.
- More on friendship, this one from Melissa Taylor (Proverbs 31 Ministries): The Trials of Friendship.
- Good advice from Pinstrosity: Get Glad.
- The Parable of the Peep Toe Shoe by Kathy Ferguson Litton. Great quote from this post:
"I was achieving what I hoped for: The illusion of the put-together woman without really BEING one." - More good advice from Rachelle Gardner: Be The Gatekeeper of Your Mind.
- Femina blog has been blogging through Proverbs. This one resonated with me: Proverbs 28:26. Is there any more destructive advice in our time than the "follow your heart, be true to yourself" lines we've been fed?
- I don't know if the Superbowl is on your radar at all, but you've surely heard about some of the ads. Thought I should share this one, it being timely and all: Superbowl Ads and What They Say About Us by Jonathan Howe.
- Good one from Brandy at Afterthoughts: An Antidote for Theological Naivete. (I confess freely: I also have a love / hate relationship with the CBD catalog.)
- Real Food, Real World: Small Spaces from More Than Four Walls. Practical suggestions for actually cooking and storing food in a small kitchen.
- The Secret to a Happy Home by Emily Walker.
- Cooking Ten Pounds of Hamburger Instead of Just One by Laura at Heavenly Homemakers. As our family grows, I find my cooking, meal planning, and stockpiling skills are needing to grow as well.
- Another one from Heavenly Homemakers: Can You Lose Weight (or Keep from Gaining Weight) When Eating Whole Foods?
- The Right and the Wrong Way to Organize by Becky at Organizing Made Fun. Lots of practical advice here.
- Great round-up from The Homeschool Classroom: Encouragement for Homeschool Parents.
- Another great one from The New Yorker: Why We Should Memorize Poetry by Brad Leithauser
- One from the Common Room blog: Vocabulary and Intelligence.
- Food for thought from S.D. Smith: I Do Not Want You To Be Ignorant.
- How to Deal with Negative Blog Comments by Bobby Gilles.
- Hyperbole Causes the End of the World from In a Mirror Dimly.
- 200 Years of Pride and Prejudice Book Design. The covers from the '50s and '70s crack me up.
- Saving this one for the inevitble day: Look What a Little TLC Can Do: American Girl Doll Restoration Tips.
- Useful advice for writers or wannabe writers: How to Write Non-Fiction & Keep Your Friends by Allison Vesterfelt. (It's good advice, but let's be honest: sometimes the story is just going to have to wait until the person who would be hurt / offended / etc. is no longer with us or no longer cares.)
- Great post (rant?) from our Saturday Linky Love hostess: Leave Your Opinion at the Virtual Door by Jessie at Vanderbilt Wife. I've seen the phenomenon she talks about and it isn't pretty. We can do better than that.
Read and heed:
Looks yummy:
Again, looks yummy:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post is linked to Saturday Linky Love hosted by Vanderbilt Wife. If you do a link post any time during the week, consider linking up here to share with others.




4 comments:
I have been wanting to write a blog post called "Skinny Girls are Worth More", but it seems that the "So You Think You're Too Fat to Be Photographed" said most of what needed to be said. But still... maybe she inspired me to go ahead and write it. We shall see.
Loved the various covers. Did you see all the hullabaloo about the new anne of green gables cover - its so bad!
At some point this week, I'm going to sit down and read ALL of your links! They're always so thoughtfully curated and interesting. Thanks for including my little ole post.
Jessie
I'll be back to actually read some of the links but for now I just need to say that you have no idea how much your stockpiling needs will change once that boy learns the phrase, "Im hungry!"
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.