Anyway, on to the linkage.
Spiritual / Inner Life:
- 7 Ways to Interpret the Bible Like a Pharisee by Mike Leake. (The other Mike Leake)
- He Prays for You (did you know Mom?) by Brooke McGlothlin at The Better Mom
- Love how organized Jen (of Jen's Journey) is in her Bible study. I'm linking to the post about her Bible Study Notebook but be sure to check out her other posts on the subject as well.
- 10 Sure Signs We've Lost our Minds by Trevin Wax. (Note: he's talking about contemporary culture, not any one person specifically)
- Controversial title, prepare yourself for a shocker: The Bible is Not About You by Byron Yawn.
- Related, sort of: 7 Ways to Do a Bad Word Study from Scribble Preach. So many of my Bible study pet peeves, all in one handy post.
- Good question: Is it OK for a Christian to Complain? By Ashley Pichea.
- All to Him I Owe by Kevin DeYoung. Debt is definitely a spiritual issue.
- I'm Not Afraid to Raise Daughters by Jen Wilkin. Amen! We are so blessed with our four girls. I do not, in any way, see them as lesser than sons or harder to raise than sons (ask me again about that in a few years, I guess). All Christian parents have a responsibility to raise their children, boys or girls, for the glory of God.
- Staci Eastin takes on The Generation Gap.
- What's the Point of Marriage? by Jean Williams. The post includes some great recommended reading.
- Making it Work: Working from Home with Kids by Sarah Dobbins. (And yes, though this blog doesn't really pay me anything, I do include blogging as working from home and treat it as such.)
- Heartfelt letter by Sarah at Clover Lane. I do not share her Catholic faith, but the rest of it is almost exactly what I would tell my own children: A Letter to My Children.
- Becoming a Woman of Influence by Lisa Jacobson. Wise words.
- Encouraging words: Motherhood for the Rest of Us by Christina Fox.
- First Things First from Steady Mom. First things look different for each of us.
- Parenthood: The Lab of Gospel Growth by Brent Bounds.
- Great post for the "unequally yoked" wife: 25 Years of Evangelizing My Husband by Paula Hendricks.
- Becoming Mrs. Right by Sheila Wray Gregoire. So much more important that dwelling on the question of "Did I marry Mr. Right?"
- Powerful post from Time Warp Wife: What if You Didn't Have One More Time? The loss of our church friend this week really caused this post to resonate with me.
- Homeschooling as an Introvert, the Blessings and Challenges by Jamie Martin. Great post (one of those that I feel like I should have been able to write but Jamie puts it better than I could).
- What Christians Should Seek in a College Education by John Mark Reynolds.
- I feel the pull every Homeschool Convention season (and sometimes just reading homeschooling blogs): The Mad Mothers' Tea Party by Cindy at Ordo Amoris.
- This series from Front Porch Republic is excellent but I especially want to link to the following two posts: Life Under Compulsion: The Dehumanities and
- Life Under Compulsion: Bad Universality. Both by Anthony Esolen.
- Speaking of Imagination by Clay Clarkson.
- 15 Tips to Become the Hostess with the Mostess by Kristen at Celebrate Every Day with Me. Hospitality does not come naturally to me, I definitely have to work at it. So this type of practical advice is just what I need.
- Related: Hospitality Southern Style by Wendy.
- Somewhat related: Meal Planning, Shopping and Cooking for 30 by Andrea at Simple Organized Living.
- I like this approach (probably because it's quite similar to my own): My "Not So Routine" Cleaning Routine from Simple Organized Living.
- Doomsday Preppers...Fact or Fiction? from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
- How to Fall in Love With Your Home from The Inspired Room.
- From Mere Orthodoxy: Romance in Pride and Prejudice: Sometimes We Settle.
- Loved Melissa Wiley's insights into both Lost and Downton Abbey (shows I have alternately loved and despaired of): The Invisible Writer. (Note: I am as far from the type of person who saves a mystery box because they love the mystery as you can get.)
- Laughed out loud (be advised: post contains bad language): The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater.
- A Distant, Glorious Echo: Tolkien and Typology by Chris Krycho
- Practical advice from Kris at WUHS: 10 Weight Loss Do's and Don'ts.
Yum:
Great use of space:
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked to Saturday Linky Love at Vanderbilt Wife. If you do a links post, please consider sharing it with us there.
So, what caught your eye this week?
This post will be linked to Saturday Linky Love at Vanderbilt Wife. If you do a links post, please consider sharing it with us there.




1 comment:
oh my gosh, The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater was HILARIOUS! I related to most of it. Except the part about kale. I hate kale.
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.