have to clean out the garage.
Well, that's the way it is. God has given us a new house and lots of stuff and we have to tackle some of that stuff. (Even if we'd rather be at the zoo.)
How's your Saturday shaping up?
Here are my links for this week:
Spiritual / Inner Life
- Failing with Family by Ronnie Martin a TGC. Convicting.
- Who and What Defines Your Vision? by Sally Clarkson at I Take Joy.
- When You're Waiting in the Wilderness by Gavin Ortlund at TGC. Primarily for ministers, but this could be applied to any Christian.
- How to Identify False Teachers by Denny Burk. Sadly, they are legion in our day.
- Who Were the Women at the Empty Tomb? by Justin Taylor for TGC. Thought this was interesting.
- 10 Things About Friendship and Ministry by Christine Hoover. This was helpful to me.
- Babies and the Bible by Jana Magruder for Lifeway Kids. Babies need the Bible too!
- How Much "Me Time" is Too Much? by Jessica Smartt for The Better Mom.
- What I Pray for the Future Wives of My Imperfect Sons by Heather MacFadyen for The MOB Society.
- The Miscarriage Misconception by Rebecca Pryett.
- When Your Decisions Affect Your Kids by Lori McDaniel at Flourish.
- Ten Forgotten Ways to Teach Politeness to Children by Melissa Edgington at Your Mom Has a Blog.
- The Oldest Tricks in the Book of Motherhood by Melissa Edgington at Your Mom Has a Blog. (again) This one made me laugh. "Hide the chocolate."
- How to Homeschool a Kid Who Hates to Write by Anne Bogel for Simple Homeschool. Great advice here. We've managed to avoid a lot of angst about this by using narration instead of writing whenever we can.
- 10 Ways You're Making Your Homeschool Day Harder Than it Needs to Be by Jamie Martin for Simple Homeschool.
- How to Homeschool Multiple Ages by Christin at The Better Mom. For me, starting with the littles is key. If I don't, it won't get done.
- "A Holy Curiosity": We Can Vastly Improve Education by Teaching This One Skill by Dan Rothstein at Cognoscenti.
- The Disturbing Transformation of Kindergarten from Truth About Education. Sobering.
- I Don't Respect the Resident or His Office, and Neither Should You by Matt Walsh. The usual thought-provoking (or just provoking, depending on your POV) post we've come to expect from Mr. Walsh.
- Facebook Takes Aim at "Like Baiting" and Spam. Hallelujah!
- Bait and Switch: How Same Sex Marriage Ends Family Autonomy by Stella Morabito. I know most of us would like to live and let live - I don't particularly enjoy talking about this subject - but the other side is not going to let that happen.
- Related: Are Christians Obsessed With Sex? by Nathaniel Givens at First Things.
- Why UPS Trucks Don't Turn Left. Who knew?
- Are You a Grammar Cop? Here is Your Dream Infographic. YES.
- Here's What Prince George Was Really Thinking During That Playdate by The Honest Toddler. I love Prince George AND the Honest Toddler so this was one of my favorite things that happened this week.
This post will be linked here:
2 comments:
Thanks so much for the link! I really enjoyed reading through the different articles you have listed!
Great collection, Karen. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.