{Insert message about having a lot of links this week and let's get on with the linkage!}
Marriage / Parenting / Family
- The Gospel Coalition asks: FactChecker: Are Your Children Likely to Lose Their Faith? I thought their conclusions were encouraging.
- This is an older post now but I was encouraged by it so I still want to share it: When You Wish You Had a Room of Your Own - a Tribute to the Spaces Where Moms Create by Lisa-Jo Baker. Especially loved this line: "My writing happens in the middle of my life." So true.
- Skimming the Cream: 5 Family Projects to Cultivate Gratitude. Choose to remember the good.
- My friend MacKenzie wrote this excellent post: Mother Culture Part I: What it Isn't.(For anyone who's seen the Charlotte Mason homeschooling blogs or books tossing around the term)
- To Speak Well of You in Front of Others by Lisa Jacobson. So important for a healthy marriage.
- Fighting for Your Girl's Priorities by Melissa at Out of the Ordinary. Practical advice and observations.
- Hints of Future Passions. I love my girls playing with their Playmobil, their dolls or even Barbie dolls. Why? Because it's not just about playing or making a huge mess (although it is both of those too).
- Teach Your Child to Serve by Joanne Kraft. Yes! This is one of my pet peeves, too. I hope we are raising our girls to pitch in when work needs to be done.
- Habits for a Healthy Home. Ah, cold and flu season, how we loathe thee.
- Making Small Houses Work. Beautiful organization ideas.
- Might need these: 10 Secrets to Vintage Shopping on Craigslist.
- Lizzie shares her Laundry Stressimony. We don't do laundry exactly like she does but she has some good, practical ideas.
- So, You're Thinking of Homeschooling by Deb at Not Inadequate. Great list of things you shouldn't fear.
- This is an old one (2009) but I just came across it this week and loved it: 50 Years of Stupid Grammar Advice. (Why you might not want to depend on Strunk and White as your style guide)
- When Introverts Homeschool. I could have shared this one here or below but, whatever, I (as an introverted homeschool mom) enjoyed this post.
- How to Get it All Done. (This one would be good for any mom, not just a homeschooling mom).
- Hey Extraverts: Enough is Enough by Alan Jacobs. And all God's introverted people said, "Amen."
- And for a slightly different take but in a not un-related way (wow, that was clear): The Christian Introvert by Tim Challies.
- How to Replace Old Thoughts with New Thoughts. Encouraging!
- What's Wrong With The Hobbits? Jackson's Malformed Moral Universe. I haven't seen "The Hobbit" yet but what I've seen of Jackson's take on The Lord of the Rings means I have a few concerns. (Which doesn't mean I won't watch it, just that I'll watch and wish that Jackson had really understood what Tolkien was trying to say and do.)
- Since we're talking about Tolkien, let's share this link: Without Lewis, Where Would Tolkien Be? (Yes, my admiration of Lewis seems to continue to grow.)
- And while we're talking about movies that are in the public consciousness, you might want to read this: The Risks of a Heart Awakened: Emotional Detachment and Les Miserables.
- Why I Gave Up Going to Bible Study {From Mommy Guilt to Mommy Grace} from The Humbled Homemaker Blog. As someone who gave up going to Bible studies (and even leading them) I needed this post.
- Never Give Up. Choose Joy. By Rachel Martin.
- It's Okay to Be Different. (I enjoyed the entire post but the picture of Darth Vader in Barbie's Dream House really made me smile.)
- This is America. You should be allowed to grow vegetables in your own yard, right? This family is in trouble for their vegetable garden in their front yard. Ridiculous.
- Baby Gap just released a new line of baby clothes inspired by Beatrix Potter. Must control urge to buy everything. (But how seriously cute is that bunny hat?!)
- Good to know: Foods that Make You Hallucinate.
- I'm guessing, if you've been on Pinterest for longer than a day, you've seen the edible glitter pin. Well, Pinstrosity investigated and found that it's not quite what you think: Pinstrosity: Edible Glitter.
I have a lot of old denim saved. Now I think I might want to make one of these:
This bench seems like a neat DIY:
I love when "Getting organized" isn't synonymous with "Spend a boatload of money on containers" so I thought this was pretty brilliant:
That's it for this week (was that a sigh of relief?). If you do a link post any time during the week, please consider linking up with Saturday Linky Love at Vanderbilt Wife. The more, the merrier!




2 comments:
Thanks for linking to my article. I'm big into Lewis these days too. After all, 2013 is the 50th year since his death.
oooh, Thanks for the shout out! I love the weekend links. Last weekend I got completely lost in all your suggestions.
Post a Comment
I promise to be candid and you can be too. Blogging is best when it's a conversation. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and respond. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.